Do you ever wonder how I capture those dreamy beach photos?! Over the past five years I have received a beach photography crash course by photographing on the beach in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. And today you’re in luck because I’m stoked to share with you 5 Beach Photography Tips oh-so-perfect to practice while on your family vacation in Costa Rica or summer beach trip. Are you ready? Let’s go!
5 Beach Photography Tips
- The best time of day to photograph on the beach is in the early morning or late afternoon.
- During the middle of the day when the sun is the strong and the light is intense, photograph in the shade.
- Play with cool shadows!
- Make sure the horizon line is straight.
- Backlight your subject to avoid squinting and uneven shadows falling across faces.
- (Ok, I couldn’t help myself to just 5 beach photography hacks) Turn off the flash while photographing sunset or sunrise!
To learn even more tips for photographing on the beach, check out my guest blog post over on Surfragette!
AND if you’re planning a beach vacation to Costa Rica, check out my FREE Costa Rica guides to get the local info!